Pastor Jim Mailloux
Family Month: Focus – Part 2 from First Baptist Church on Vimeo.
Follow-up Quesitons to Family Month: Focus – Part 2 from First Baptist Church on Vimeo.
Go Deeper Questions
- Read Psalm 71. What verses speak the most to you today? Why? What current circumstances in your life make those verses meaningful?
- Review the Chart of Generational Roadblocks. Find your age bracket. Is the chart an accurate description of your focus and roadblocks? If not, what words would you use to describe them?
- Read the verses Pastor Jim used to describe your age bracket. Do these verses speak to your life experiences? Why or why not?
- How did Pastor Hayden’s Mouse Trap Maze game give us a picture of what life is like? What verses can you think of that speak to this?
- Read Ecclesiastes 12. How is this chapter a good summary regarding focusing on God throughout your life?
Here’s the support material for the questions:
|School Age (Ages 6-18)
||Learning – Forming
||Not learning or listening – Aimless – Building Patterns of sin
||Energy – Excitement
||Wasting energy – Not seeing the Lord
||Prime – Leadership
||Future focused – Next generation
||Aging – Difficulty engaging
5For You are my hope, O Lord GOD; You are my trust from my youth.
14But I will hope continually, And will praise You yet more and more.
3Be my rock of refuge, to which I can always go; give the command to save me, for you are my rock and my fortress. 4Deliver me, O my God, from the hand of the wicked, from the grasp of evil and cruel men.
8My mouth is filled with your praise, declaring your splendor all day long.
12Be not far from me, O God; come quickly, O my God, to help me.
15My mouth will tell of your righteousness, of your salvation all day long, though I know not its measure. 16I will come and proclaim your mighty acts, O Sovereign LORD; I will proclaim your righteousness, yours alone. 17Since my youth, O God, you have taught me, and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds.
20Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up. 21You will increase my honor and comfort me once again.
9Do not cast me away when I am old; do not forsake me when my strength is gone.
18Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, O God, till I declare your power to the next generation, your might to all who are to come.